Monday, March 25, 2019

Chicken Run

Backstory:

#1: We are potty training. When he is at home, he wears no pants. This is necessary information for the following story. 

#2: Also crucial for the story is that there was a blizzard here in Colorado last week. Every store and business in the greater Denver area closed--even Chick-fil-a. Winds were around 60 mph. It snowed a few feet. It was wild. As a result of said winds, part of our fence blew over. It is the fence that we share with our neighbors to the right of us. While we are waiting for insurance to assess the situation, our neighbors put up some temporary pliable plastic netting as a barrier between the two yards. 

Now that you are in the know, I can proceed with an account from March 25. We had just gotten home from picking up Kyle at the train and I went into the kitchen to start making dinner. It was a beautiful day out, so Ezra was playing in the backyard. Having a backyard where we can just let him run free is glorious. After about 10 minutes or so, I realized I couldn't hear him and so I went and peeked my head out into the yard. I didn't see him. "Ezra?" I called. No answer. I peek around the house, into our side yard and still no Ezra. I begin to panic, as any mother would. My child was missing from the backyard. But, then I started to hear his voice, afar off. This was a good sign. At least he hadn't gotten too far away, though I couldn't quite figure out where he was. I called inside for Kyle: "Kyle, Ezra is gone!" Kyle comes running. When Kyle joins me outside, we start to hear him talking again and realize the noise is coming from our neighbors yard. How in the world did he get past the temporary fence!? We are still unsure about this. Kyle starts to head over to knock on the neighbors door to ask if we can go back and grab Ezra when we hear Ezra starting to squeal "I'm gonna get you! I'm gonna get you!" The scene that followed was utterly hilarious and my words will never paint an adequate picture. Three chickens come running around the side of the house with our naked little bare-buns-boy chasing behind the: "I'm gonna get you! I'm gonna get you! Oooooooh chickens!" We watched, laughing as his bare cheeks chased these chickens back and forth and back and forth around our neighbors' yard. 

Parenting. What a joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment