Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Driving with the Cooks

Anyone who wanted an update on the flat tire story from the last post: We had to get a new tire. I had a few anxiety attacks driving on the spare Monday, waiting for Tuesday to roll around and Labor Day to be over so we could go get a new tire. We currently have a hubcap-less fourth tire, BUT it gets us around and that's all that we really care about anyway.

We had a Friday Night this week that was one for the books. We carpooled with some friends from the Branch up to the Temple to be there when another friend went through for the first time. The beginning of the drive started out normal. The couple who was driving us needed to stop at the outlets since they were on the way. By the time we began to pull up to the outlets we were about 30 minutes away from the Temple and our session started in about 40 minutes. Anyone who knows me, knows that if I am not 30 minutes early to just about anything, my heart starts to race. (Maybe I should just write a blog post about what it is like to live with anxiety ha.)I had calmed my palpitating heart with the sentiment that even if we didn't make the session we could still be waiting there for him after. So with about 20 minutes until our session starts, we leave the outlets. Long story short, we get to the front desk at 7:31 and the worker says "Oh you're here for the 730 session? Hm...well, let me see, I think they already started." But they hadn't yet! They let us in! Whew. Small temples, FTW. 

It was wonderful to be there with Miles for the first time. Kyle and I both just love Miles. He is one of a kind. In our session there was a man with a beard unlike any any of us had ever seen. It was bright white. At one point, he had it wrapped around his neck like a scarf. He later wrapped it around his head and face. It was out of this world. We couldn't stop giggling. He looked like a wise sensei. I wanted to ask him for life advice.

We left the temple around 11 pm and Mile's (Miles's?) parents invited us to dinner. Of course at this point, not many places are open. So we go to Wegmans. No success. Then Friendlys. No success. We found ourselves at Denny's at 12:00 am. At 12:30 we hit the road. At 1:00 am we get pulled over for a brake light that is out. Lucky for us it was one of the nicest cops ever. Then we almost ran over a fox. Then we made it home at 2 am.

The End.


  1. I'm glad you didn't get a ticket on top of having to buy a new tire. Buying tires is never fun.

    1. Luckily, we weren't the ones driving, so it wouldn't have been our ticket anyway. But that still would've been a HUGE bummer.