Tuesday, August 11, 2015

White Chicken "Chili"

I don't know what technically constitutes something as a "chili." Beans? No broth? Vomit looking? Well, this White Chicken "Chili" is really a soup and really isn't chili like in any capacity--except that it has beans. 

Now that I have joined the blogging world, I feel the need to share with my adoring fans (ha) things that enhance my life and I think could enhance theirs too. This not-so-chili, White Chicken Chili is one of those things. Minimal ingredients. Minimal labor. Yummy results. That is my kind of meal. 

I found the "5-Ingrediant Easy White Chicken Chili" on Pinterest and it lead me to the Gimme Me Some Oven blog, from which the recipe originated. Today is the second time I have made it and I was reminded how easy it was and how much I liked it the first time. The following ingredients are included: shredded chicken, chicken broth, cumin, salsa verde, and white beans. THE END. Are you singing praises like I am? Better than that--you only use one pot. Are you singing praises again? Less dishes! (WHAT IS IT ABOUT DISHES, AM I RIGHT? Ick.)   

Here's the catch--you can buy store bought salsa verde (ehhhh), or you can make it yourself which takes a few more ingredients, but is so worth it. Tomatillos, jalepeno, onion, cilantro, salt and lime. I omit garlic, even though the recipe calls for it, because real hispanic people do not put garlic in salsa.....and I just can't bring myself to add it. Vive Mexico. 

In a big pot dry roast those tomatillos. When they are blackened around the edges, throw them and everything else in a food processor or blender and TA DA you have delicious salsa verde. Put it to the side, add some water to that same pot and throw in a few raw chicken breasts. Boil them. Drain the water and grab your hand blender. With the blender on low, shred that boiled chicken just like you are mixing cookies (this is the greatest trick I have ever learned--no more hand shredding.) Then, in the same pot that shredded chicken is in, add broth, salsa, drained beans and cumin. Let it heat up and then eat it. You're done.

You're total dish count is: food processor, beaters, and a pot. 

Here is the link to the blog with the real recipe: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/5-ingredient-easy-white-chicken-chili-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment