Friday, September 8, 2017

Lighthouse

On Labor Day I really wanted to go to the NY State Fair. That just seemed like a once in a lifetime experience, ya know? Both Kyle and I were disappointed when our plans didn't work out. In order to encourage ourselves so we didn't wallow in the pity of our missed plans, we decide to a-d-v-e-n-t-u-r-e! 

Last week when I was on a walk with Ezra I noticed this little lighthouse in Cayuga Lake. I had never noticed it before. There was a small stretch of land leading to the lighthouse, but I could not figure out where it came from! I told Kyle about it and we decided to use our Labor Day in pursuit of it. WE discovered that we had to walk across a gold course, and then hike through this hidden trail that was behind this industrial storage box thing. The trail had forest on one side and the lake on the other. We finally made it to the end of the trail and there was a wobbly rock path through shallow water leading to a concrete wall type structure. We climbed up and walked along the narrow concrete wall until  we made it to the little white lighthouse. It was beautiful! 














No comments:

Post a Comment