Sunday, June 7, 2015

The New Normal



This is the groundhog that lives under our house and wakes me up during the night chewing on our house. Also, apparently the groundhogs (and all other woodland creatures, but especially the groundhogs) carry ticks. We are probably going to get lime disease. Just a fair warning. 



Here are some of my cooking disasters that just needed to be shared. I tried to make crockpot chicken noodle soup, but put the egg noodles in long before they should have and so our soup turned into this floury mushy grossness. It was really bad. After sitting in the fridge for a few days and pretending that one of us would eat it eventually (yeah, right) I had the brilliant idea to rinse off all the coagulated floury "broth" until I was just left with the shredded chicken and veggies which we added a little chicken broth to and ate over rice. Good save, Alivia. I was proud of myself.

But then there was the burnt chex mix and the chicken that I boiled the water out of. All that was in that pot was chicken and water. Yup. That is the result of water boiled completely out of the pot...if anyone is curious. Don't try this at home. 



Ithaca is just the cutest place. It is filled with old houses that are unique, colorful and absolutely gorgeous. There are all these gorgeous flowers and trees. I just can't adequately describe how blessed I feel to live in this cute wonderful town. 



I wore a hair net for the first time. It had to be documented with a bathroom selfie. I volunteered this week for an organization called Loaves and Fishes. They sponsor a meal every day of the week, besides the weekends for anybody--not just underprivileged, just anyone who wants a good free meal. 

I have spent a lot of time at home and I don't enjoy it. It seems like having nothing to do would be nice until that is actually your predicament. Believe me, I realize there could be worse things in life and I'm not complaining, just trying to find things to do to keep myself busy. 



We made our first furniture purchase! We got this COMFY reclining rocking chair that is old, but is in great condition for $15 dollars at a yard sale for Feed My Starving Children that was held in our church building's parking lot. We initially bought a futon for 20$, but couldn't fit it in our car, so we exchanged for this instead and I am so glad we did. It is old fashioned, but clean (we still covered it with a blanket for the time being). The first thing Kyle said was "This is a Sunday nap kind of chair." Priorities. 





In true Burnham fashion, we attended our first baseball game of the season (though not in Burnham fashion,  a little late into the season). Let's go Binghamton Mets!



#SundayBathroomSelfie 


We are hoping to get our wedding pictures this week. WE ARE SO EXCITED. A family friend in my home ward was nice enough to bring his camera and catch some shots during the reception. This was one of them and I love it. I love this husband of mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment