Wednesday, June 14, 2017

What's In MY Bag

When I was pregnant, I can't tell you how many blog posts like this one I read in preparation for having my Ezra. So, I decided to do one of my own. Feel free to SKIP if you could care less. Hopefully it goes without saying (why do we start sentences we are about to SAY by saying "it goes without saying"?) that a diaper bag for three children, or a toddler, etc. will be different than one for just one eensy babe.


I always keep a bottle of water in one of those outside pockets and a mini bottle of Purell. Purell is a MUST. When it is on the outside like that it is so convenient to ask people to use a little bit before they hold  or touch the baby.  



Oh my organizational heart feels good looking at this picture. The Skip-Hop diaper bags come with the gray changing pad you can see in the back pocket and the two pouches (blue and chevron) you see pictured here. The chevron is insulated and is specifically to keep bottles warm or cold. 

#1: Diapers and Wipes. I have a hard plastic wipe dispenser container that I fill with new wipes once every few weeks. I always have that filled along with 3-4 diapers. 
#2: Burp cloth and/or a bib
#3: A spare bottle and emergency formula. Z is breastfed, but I keep a bottle with a pouch of formula in my diaper bag at all times, just in case. My anxiety ridden self can tell you countless scenarios I have thought of where this might be needed, but I will not worry your mind with those. I have not actually purchased any formula. This is just one of those sample packets that you get, like, a million of in the mail when you're pregnant. 


#5: Snacks. When you are nursing you gotta eat! I always keep a small stash of snacks (almonds, raisins, granola bars, dried fruit, etc.)
#6: Anti-Bacterial Wipes and Tissues. Because, life. 
#7: Nursing Pads. Because, nursing. 
#8: Extra Pacificer and a Pacifier Clip. I don't use pacifier clips at home, but it is nice to tether that pacifier to my baby's body when I am somewhere in public where I really would not like his binky to end up on the ground. 
#9: Entertainment. A bitty-babe does not really need toys, but they still appreciate variety of things to look at. I keep a Sophie the Giraffe, a rattle, and a baby ring or two.  
#10: The blue pouch you see pictured above always contains some spare clothing items in case of a blow-out or other mishap. I have a sleeper or onesie and a pair of pants. It also contains a pair of sock and a hat.

And that is it! I am a firm believer in being prepared with the things you need and might need, but not having too much. Clutter is my enemy. I hope this helps inspire ideas for some prep-crazy-pregnant first time mother like me somewhere out there in the wide webiverse. 


No comments:

Post a Comment